If you are ready to sell your home, or plan on selling in the near future, you may be having a hard time trying to find the right path to a successful sale. There are many potential pitfalls
5 Seller Mistakes to Avoid
Dated: May 4 2021
If you are ready to sell your home, or plan on selling in the near future, you may be having a hard time trying to find the right path to a successful sale. There are many potential pitfalls involved in selling a home, but with the right knowledge and expertise, you can make the sale of your home a complete pleasure. Listed below are five mistakes that sellers commonly run into.
1. Putting your home on the market before it is ready. Selling can be an exciting step toward your future. That being said, it is easy for sellers to skip proper preparation, thus making hasty decisions. There is a lot of work to be done during the pre-sale stage, and having proper guidance will ensure your ultimate success in selling your home. I can guide you through the proper steps, advising what needs to be repaired, and how to make your home stand out from the competition.
2. Over-improving your home. Many sellers get mixed up in home improvement projects which might look nice, but in the end do not add any value to their home. It is important to have a professional who knows your local market. Home improvements and upgrades need to be balanced with other homes in your neighborhood to capitalize on your investment return. Let my knowledge and experience bring out the best in your home.
3. Improper pricing of the home. Any seller can decide on an asking price, but ultimately, knowing the ins and outs of a particular market is the only way to properly determine a specific sale price. I utilize current and accurate sales data to pinpoint the ideal selling price for your property and can show you how to profit from current market trends.
4. Getting emotionally involved in the sale. Your home represents many things to you. It is a symbol of security and a place holding many memories. A proper real estate agent will listen to your concerns and stand up for you through tough negotiations. You deserve an experience that is as stress-free as possible. When you are ready to sell your home, I can provide you with the peace of mind that will make the entire transaction a pleasure.
5. Hiring the wrong agent. Selling a home on your own can be overwhelming. Hiring a real estate agent with a proven track record is an important business decision that will ensure you peace of mind and a successful sale.
Feel free to contact me if you would like to know more about this topic or anything else regarding the value or sale of your home. My professional experience can guide you through any decision-making process regarding your home, giving you the best advice on increasing your home’s value in today’s market.
Award-winning agent including America's Top 100 Real Estate Agents from 2019 and 2020. A full-time Real Estate Agent since 2003 and a certified negotiation expert. Awarded eXp Realty Icon Agent Statu....
Latest Blog Posts
Make Your Home Appeal to as Many Buyers as PossibleStudies have shown professionally staged homes sell for an average of 10% more than non-professionally staged homes. My professional experience can